Saturday, March 11, 2017

The Springs

It has been 57 days since moving to Colorado Springs and as I'm sure you can imagine, things have been quite busy with lots of changes, adjustments and new experiences. One of the biggest of changes is that I've decided to leave my job in the government and pursue a new career path. Even though there are a lot of things I enjoy about IT, I have felt a strong desire to go into a field that I'm more passionate about. So, I've chosen to take the opportunity of this move to do just that. I'm applying for my Masters in Health Promotion at UCCS. Hopefully, I get in this Spring but since I had to rush to meet the application deadline, I'm prepared to wait until Fall to apply, if it comes to that. In the meantime, I'm at home with Adelaide which is both challenging and amazing. I love seeing her development and enjoy knowing I'm playing an active role. I'm also trying to train/run as much as I can and for the next 5 weeks I'm in Core Power Teacher Training so that I can become a better Yogi and teach, if I so choose. I'm really enjoying Yoga. This is my 3rd week in the 8 week program and it's great...challenging, but great. Yoga is so amazing! I wish everyone would practice so they too can benefit from it. I really enjoy the feeling of control, strength and connection with my body and mind...it is so empowering.

Some other notable changes are, we are buying land in an area called Crystal Park, our property is a little above 8600ft with a view of Cameron Cone and little bit of Pikes Peak. Once we close we will begin the building process which I'm pretty excited about. Until then, we are living in a cheap not so great apartment...but it's worth it since soon we will be living IN the mountains...a dream come true.

Since being back in the states, we have traveled twice to Phoenix to visit our besties, we've been snowboarding in Breckenridge, Colorado and in the Snowbowl, Arizona. I realized this last trip that I hate my snowboard and that I'm ready for a new one. I tried out a Never Summer Infinity board and fell in LOVE! It was a-maz-ing. I could not believe what a difference it made to my riding. I was able to fly down the mountain, have complete control, transition and ride better than I ever have.

Other than going to my races we have one big trip planned...we are going to Peru. I cannot wait. I'm going to get to see where my grandmother is from, meet lots of family and FINALLY see South America and hike Machu Picchu! It's going to be an amazing vacation...especially because my Aunt & Uncle, Cousins and our best friends will be joining us. It will be a truly epic trip!

Addie is growing and speaking so well. She understands everything and is really starting test boundaries. She's amazing though, so sweet, loving and really really smart. Her vocabulary is huge, she tries to repeat everything. The other day she had several new words all in one day. She can now say "me, YoYo, green and bowl". She is also putting sentences together...three word sentences such as "that's daddy's bike" "that's momma's bike" It's pretty crazy.

I've signed up for several US races so far for the year, unfortunately, I won't be able to run the European races I was planning on running. But that's ok, because I'm excited to run in the US...I've never raced anything over a 15k here. It's going to be a very new experience and I'm kind of excited about it. I'm going to do a race in Arizona called the Mesquite Canyon, then I'm running the Broken Arrow in Lake Tahoe and as of today, I'm running the Pikes Peak Marathon.

Okay, so that's about it for an update. Things are going well...I'm excited for each new adventure that comes my way.

- Namaste ;)
Enjoying my first run in Red Rock Canyon Open Space

Addie and I in Garden of the Gods

Barr Trail

Snow Bowl, AZ with our amazing friends!

The girls having some fun in Phoenix :)

Ran up Camelback in Phoenix

A little International Women's Day selfie :)

Addie and momma at the park enjoying a sunny day in March

Climbing the Incline

Our property on Sunrise Peak in Crystal Park


View of our future home from Barr Trail

The Manitou Incline

Addie and I with Pikes Peak behind us

















No comments: